Since it is almost the end of my journey in the UK, I just think I should write something to end it up.
One year is really short. I quite understood that right at the beginning of my journey, but now when I think of it, I'm still surprised by how time can just pass by so quickly. I remember when I first arrived here, there were sickness, tiredness and maybe loneliness (just a bit). Then, I picked up the sport which I always enjoy playing and met players from all over the world. I found a church to go to, a choir to sing with and are blessed by members of the church. I've learned the subject in which I find great interest and feel really happy to gain all the knowledge and skills which have been given to me within this very short year. I am extremely happy to share the Gospel with my flatmates, classmates and Taiwanese friends. I am thankful for the members of the Bible study group in which we can grow in God's word and pray for each other. God is really good. I've also got the chances to travel in the UK and in Europe, something I would never imagine I would be able to do 6 years ago. I've learned to make many dishes and how to save money with food shopping. I've enjoyed the blue sky and stars all over the dark night... In terms of cost, the journey is very expensive to me, but it is so much worthwhile to do.
Two verses in the Scripture came to my mind when I think of this journey.
Lamentation 3:24-26
The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Proverbs 3:27-28
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbour, "Come back tomorrow and I'll give it to you"- when you already have it with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment